Pages

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

a love story

there is no greater happiness than my hand on your back while you sleep.

tracing your face in the dark, i memorize the changes. there's a scar near your eye i pause by and remember before it was there. how smooth this spot once felt. your lashes, always longer than i dreamed possible, feel soft beneath my fingers.

you're quiet. nothing moves except your chest, slowly rising and falling under my hand.

there's a space inside me that swells when you're near. at times like these, it feels so full and warm with love that i am soothed into this moment, this time, this life with you. no worry matters, as i have you.

i am more than just your mother, but being your mother makes me more than just me.

you are my whole heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on my posts. I appreciate it more than you know.